I am delighted to welcome you to Barking Abbey school.
Our motto ‘Give and expect the best’ means that we strive for excellence in everything that we do. We try hard each and every day to improve opportunities for our pupils and we expect them to try hard in all that they do.
My commitment to our pupils and their families is;
- World class teaching and learning from subject specialist teachers
- Outstanding pastoral care which means that every student is made to feel safe and supported
- An inclusive and challenging curriculum that supports individual needs and offers opportunities for all students to make outstanding progress
- A regular and robust assessment and communication process so that all parents can clearly follow their child's progress
- A programme of high quality enrichment classes, in academic, cultural and sport-related fields
We are one of the most oversubscribed schools in the area both at GCSE and A level due to our academic success and with our expanded roll and new facilities on each campus we expect to become even more popular.
As well as our academic success we have our BEST habits Character Education curriculum. We want our pupils to be self-disciplined, independent and confident adults and so we deliver a programme of lessons from year 7 to 13 with the aim of equipping all of our pupils with the skills they need to be successful in their lives.
We have deliberately chosen to structure our school with two smaller campuses with the same high standards on each. This is to ensure that we get the chance to know all of our students and so that our students can say they belong to the Barking Abbey family
Finally, I am proud of our truly comprehensive school where everyone can succeed, where we celebrate our communities’ diversity and where we give and expect the best from all.
In order to get a true sense of our remarkable school, I urge you to organise a visit to see one of our campuses in action. This can be arranged by contacting the school on firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to arrange a suitable time.