The Careers Department is staffed by two professionally trained Careers Guidance Advisers who job-share the role of Careers Coordinator/Adviser:
Mrs N Jarvis and Mrs L Glendinning
The Careers Office is situated at Sandringham Campus in D block which students have access to all year round. The Careers Advisers also visit the Longbridge campus at key times of the year.
If you need careers guidance and advice what do you do?
- students can call in to the Careers Office at break or lunchtimes, during free periods and after school to speak to the Careers Adviser. Appointments will be booked if necessary.
- students and parents can email the Careers Advisers with any queries or to book an appointment via the school email system.
- speak to us at parents events/link evenings especially at crucial decision times such as Year 8 GCSE Option choices and Sixth Form choices. Parents are welcome to phone us during school hours for advice and information.
- visit us to access information on Sixth Forms, colleges and universities.
- visit us to access information on apprenticeships.
- ask for help with C.V preparation/application forms/interview skills.
Other Activities we are involved in:
- Work experience coordination
- Mock Interview day
- Trips to Universities and other careers events
- Careers/options talks delivered to small groups of students
- Hogan Lovell’s Ladders to Law Programme
- Visits to City employers via the Brokerage Citylink e.g UBS, Deutsche Bank, Allen & Overy
- Pathways to Careers and Aim Higher events organised by LBBD 14-19 Careers Service and BDSIP
- Organising careers education activities in partnership with UEL
If you would like a copy of our Careers Policy please phone us at school or send an email via the school system.
Senior Leader in charge of Careers – Mr Paul Hussein
www.eclips-online.co.uk – accessible via school network
Below the search box there are also different work headings for lists of jobs. For example: Administrative/Clerical, Construction, Financial Services, Marketing/Selling, Legal Services, Medicine + Nursing, Retail Sales, Science + Research and Social Services.
https://www.prospects.ac.uk/planner - job match quiz, job profiles
http://www.e4s.co.uk – student job-hunting. Part-time/holiday jobs, gap year, internships.
A useful site for media clips from industry sectors and supported by the Institute for Careers Guidance.
A useful site for media clips from people choosing different career options, including gap years and industry sectors
http://www.gapyear.com – a complete guide to taking time out after full-time study
http://www.ucas.com – Information on entry requirements and applying for higher education courses at Universities and colleges across the UK.
http://www.yini.org.uk- Information for you on paid, degree relevant work placements in the year out before or during a university course
www.volunteeringmatters.org.uk - the UK’s largest volunteering organisation – includes details on volunteering opportunities for 16-25s
www.How2Become.com – an excellent resource for information on jobs in the public sector and transport e.g fire service, police, armed forces, social work, ambulance, pilots, drivers and more.
These websites are an aid to research and many more exist. Websites and their content are subject to change and depth of content can vary. It’s always worth checking with your Careers Adviser/Co-ordinator for further information.