Barking Abbey Alumni Association
Former students are warmly invited to join the Barking Abbey Alumni Association which will help them keep in touch with the Barking Abbey community. There are lots of ways to get involved, from inspiring our Sixth Formers to go to university or other career routes to motivating a year 7 student through mentoring.
Please find below just some suggestions as to how you can help / stay connected:
- Invite students into your workplace for a talk/visit
- Offer a work experience placement
- Come in and conduct mock interviews with Year 10/12
- Become a mentor in person or online to current students
- Apply to become a governor or help with fundraising / community events
- Talk to our current or perspective students at open days, option evenings, parent evenings, career days or as part of an assembly/Tutor time session
- Offer advice on personal statements and apprenticeships
If you are part of the history and success of Barking Abbey and want to get back in touch, please email either or both Mrs Jarvis and Mr Moloney.
Even after you have left, Barking Abbey can provide opportunities to learn new skills and maybe get the job you want. We believe that your school, the former students and the young people who are still here could all benefit from staying connected.